Patrick Accepts a Baptismal Date

 This week has flown by so fast! November as a month has just gone by super fast. Monday we taught one of our Muslim investigators the plan of salvation and he doesn't think we can put Jesus Christ and heavenly father in the same category of god head and refused to pray so we had to drop him...no prayer=no conversion. One of our "golden" investigators; Pat, invited us over to teach him. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and about the Word or wisdom. The lesson went really well and he has been really prepared. He accepted a baptismal date from 12/28 and said he'd keep the word of wisdom. We saw him yesterday at church and he hadn't broken the word of wisdom yet either, he is so solid! All he needs now is to have a testimony. He is scared to leave the church he grew up in too so we will see where it goes from there!

   Some fun stories....On Friday we were going to see a less active and it took forever for us to find the place. We knock of the door and Elder Clayton is still talking to me while we wait for the door to open and then this 25 year old girl opens the door in her bra and underwear...WHO DOES THAT?! Elder Clayton literally gasped when he saw it and it was really hard to talk to her. The funny part was how Elder Clayton lost all self control and gasped right in her face! We also have this one house we go to where there is a gay guy that lives there. Super nice guy and loves to talk...just not about church. Elder Clayton said the guy has a crush on me cause he shakes my hand with 2 hands and only shakes elder Claytons with one...super awkward. We have a less active we go and see a lot named Brother Rosales. He's Mexican and from New York. he reminds me exactly of George Lopez...a more vulgar George Lopez...he is so funny. He had a friend over at his house yesterday and we went and talk to her a little bit and i came to find out that she was from Vegas and had been to Elko before...she's in Nevada for "the business" but was a super nice lady that we got to give a blessing to, it was nice to talk about Elko for a little bit too.

    Elder Clayton and I have had a very humbling and fun week, a huge growing experience for both of us. We had to tract basically all day Friday because we had no appointments and it was really hard! I have never had to much rejection in my life than i did the half hour right before dinner...it was sad. Super humbling though! Elder Clayton and I work well together and try to always do our best.

    This week I wanted to talk about the Book of Mormon and its pivotal roll in our lives. I finished the Book for Mormon this week and If i only knew what effect that Book would have on my life i would have read it so much more at home. It is not only the keystone to our religion but needs to be the keystone of our testimony. Its the rock we need to build on(Hel 5 12) Make a new years resolution to read it either as a married couple, family, individual, I don't really care. Just read the Book from cover to cover! It will bless your life more than anything else in 2014, I promise! Just remember A successful person applies what they teach and reads! I'm thankful for this season and for the gospel, for my family, for my parents who raised me in righteousness, for friends that kept me on the straight path, and for all of the Leaders in the church, I love the savior and the atonement he gives to all. have a happy holiday. Love from AlabamaAll is well.


Elder Welch




0 Comentarios