Making Beignets in the South

    This transfer has been one of the fastest of my entire mission. I think it is because of the busier I get the faster it goes. I cant believe that I have already spent 4.5 months in Mobile, it seems like I spent 3 times that time in Fox Run. I had a really good district meeting this week, I feel like teaching has been my biggest struggle as a district leader but it has come around a lot! I'm getting comfortable with it.

    This week I feel like there wasn't a lot that went on. We had quite a few of our investigators drop, one that was really had to drop was Scott Chandler, he's the same one I sang to. All of our lessons with him went off topic and he started to become contentious so we had to make a decision to drop him, the teaching experience wasn't for nothing though. We strengthened his faith and got him to pray which he hasn't done in over 2 years. I also learned more how to love someone that tries to not like me or my beliefs haha. We taught a pastor that we OYM'd a couple weeks back and he fed us lunch. I honestly was a little nervous about it because I didn't want to get bashed but he didn't do any of that stuff. We taught the restoration and he asked us questions about the bible verses we used. I knew he would question us and i knew i might not know all of the answers to had to say a little prayer and that helped a bit, I was able to answer everything to his satisfaction. On Saturday I had an exchange with one of the areas in our ward that has always had a hard time and was able to help the missionary and the area a little bit, plus we made beignets (look it up). Having tradeoffs once a week makes time just fly! We did service for the Red Cross this week and played basketball with the doles. We have 2 weeks until Elder Ballard comes and next week we find out about transfers. It just blows my mind how its all going by so fast...

Sorry there isn't much to say about this week, its just been slow as far as things happening.

   As i was calling one of the areas in the district I was talking to a missionaries about members in our wards and he said something that I really liked. People view themselves "active" but don't understands what it means to be active. There is to be active in the church and to be active in the gospel. In order to count yourselves as active you must be active in both, going to church and living the teachings in your own lives. It reminds me of a scripture in DC 18:15-16. Your own soul counts as "saving one soul," to be active you must do the second part and bring others to the gospel as well, we cant do it without yah. Love and miss y'all! all is well.

Elder welch

0 Comentarios