Elder Musgrave Tradeoff (AP)

  What a week!  It was a really successful week. On Monday night we had to travel way to the top of our zone; Grovehill, Alabama which is two hours away from Mobile. We went to the district meeting up there and then I was able to come down to Mobile with Elder Douglas to do a tradeoff. He has an Eloise Welch in his family somewhere but we can’t find out if we're related or not. I don’t know if that’s how it is spelled but I know it sounds a lot like a Welch name! I had to drive Elder Douglas back up the next day, in all...I did a ton of driving this week! 

My highlight of the week was definitely the trade off we had with the assistant to the president. Thursday morning we went down to Fairhope, Alabama to pick them up and we had the opportunity to go with Elder Musgrave, our new assistant. He is the man! I loved every minute of it, he was a great missionary obviously but he was so chill and cracked me up the whole time! With him we got to build a deck for a man we ran into a couple of weeks back. My first thought of it was that we weren’t going to get anything done because I remember how long it took us to get ours put up. We put that whole thing up in 3 hours, no joke (other than the cement that was done before). Other than that we went and saw a few people and then had to go back and drop Elder Musgrave back off.


 This whole week we did a LOT of finding, a lot of doors knocked and a lot of talking to random people. We were able to get one new investigator out of it too. Yes one out of 5 hours of tracting. I know the missionaries in South America might find that hilarious but I’m in the south baby ha-ha. I talked to this guy about basketball for about 10 minutes and then we got into a spiritual conversation. He is going to come play ball with us on Friday night and we are going to meet with him this weekend. I feel he has been really prepared. One investigator came to church this week too. ROCK! I love that guy, he doesn’t quite understand why we were sent down here. From going to a perfect state, coming down here to an imperfect state, to go back to a perfect state. We have to explain it all to him tonight.  We were perfect like a 5 year old is perfect.  In this world, He wants us to be perfect as an adult when we come back. 

 I’ve done my studies on D & C 121: 34-46 this week and my mind has been blown.  As we just sit down and take time to study, we learn so much. I also studied a lot on faith and how that really runs the heavens (heavens are run by the priesthood which is run by faith). People don’t understand how important faith is, its simple obedience. I think of a 3 year old when I think of faith.  They have so much faith that they believe everything they hear from their parents.  Then later on in life they learn to understand why that was important, but still obeyed in faith until they knew why they needed to do that. As the opposite of faith I think of the stereotype of a teenager.  Kids who are prideful and don’t listen to their parents because they think they know better. The commonality between these two types of people is that they will both learn eventually that their parents were right in the first place. I have been very frustrated with a lot of people that lack this blind faith of a 3 year old (all of us lack it in something at some time in their life). The commonality between all sin is pride, that’s why it’s the universal sin, it’s a selfish reason you commit it for. I invite everyone as we are going to be counseled by our leaders not only this weekend but all the time, to have the blind faith if you don’t understand it completely.  You’ll learn it the fun or not fun way.

All is well!

Love and miss ya’ll!


Elder Welch




0 Comentarios