First Visit to Wakula Springs

 

  This week we actually got to do a lot of missionary work! That's nice when we are this busy. We have another good week of proselyting this next week but the sad part about it is that week will be a man down, Elder Musgrave is leaving on Wednesday. I sent some pictures that showed what we did last Monday. We went to Wakula springs and a boat tour...yes it was approved you missionaries who are now raising an eyebrow about me getting on a boat. There were a bunch of manatees, alligators, and turtles, the river was no deeper than 2-3 feet until you got to the deep springs. I really really enjoyed that.    

   Tuesday was zone conference and oddly enough, they do things a lot differently here in Tallahassee than they do in Mobile even though it is the same mission, good meeting though. A few highlights of the week. The first one was the lesson with Joe Suber. They have been teaching him long before I got here and he had been doing really really well in that time. He has had some issues with the Word of wisdom and the only times I've seen him is when he is under influence of those things. However, we had a lesson with him on Friday and we had planned to just got in there and read a chapter with him to set up for the next visit but topics were brought up that made us not even read and we just went crazy. Now I cannot tell you exactly what happened in there because #1 it was not my experience, it was my companions(Elder Musgrave) and #2 it is too sacred to share. Topics went to the spirit world and family history and all I will say is that he became more coherent for the end of the lesson and his whole attitude changed. The spirit was so strong in there! Wednesday's lesson with be amazing with him, we will be teaching him the plan of salvation. Finally, I don't know if you remember but I was having a hard time my last couple of weeks in mobile because of member involvement. The elders here have been doing service lessons here that are amazing so I have had a ton of opportunities to serve here. We teach Mosiah 2:17 and commit them to find something for us to do this week for a service opportunity, the bonds grow so much stronger between the members and missionaries, I love it! 

  Things we learn as missionaries and just people here on earth is that life at times can be hard. I have had some great studies that explain why. The Lord chastens us to try our faith and patience. We have to have faith and be ok with it at times. The Lord only chastens those He loves and if we endure the chastening that is only when we can be counted worthy(he's proud) as his Sons and daughters. Additional study that makes this make more sense.

Mosiah 23:21-22

Hebrews 12:6-7

Proverbs 3:12-13

All is well. Love and miss yall

Elder Welch









0 Comentarios