Coffee in my Brownies

 I’m sure many of you have heard of this "tropical storm" Karen that was supposed to hit me. The storm was pathetic, I have had worse rain storms in Nevada and way worse in Florida, and I guess it hit New Orleans...again ha-ha. They can never catch a break with that kind of stuff.

Let me tell you a story of how members made me break the word of wisdom...On Tuesday we were going to dinner over at a member’s home and we ended up having an awesome meal. Until dessert that is. I saw that it was brownies and I was super excited...I take one big bite out of it and can tell something is different about these brownies...I know many of you are probably thinking special brownies but the people down here aren’t THAT crazy ha-ha. So after the meal Elder Nelson and I are driving to our next appointment and we came to the conclusion that there was coffee in those brownies. We only had one and didn’t know so I think the Lord can forgive us on this. They were active members too!


This week I got to do some service that I was semipro at thanks to Brother Condie. I moved a piano! Unfortunately we didn’t have any equipment to do it.  It was just Elder Nelson and I so we just bare knuckled it and carried it. Slow and steady won the race for that one!

We only have one investigator at this point in time and we taught him the first two lessons this past week, his name is Ladarius. He is planning on getting baptized this next Sunday and he already has a testimony of it!


How awesome was general conference?! I honestly cannot pick one talk that was the "best" out of them all or that touched me the deepest. We have prophets of God on the earth today. They have told us what to do to become successful. I want to touch on one area that they all said would help us in our daily lives. Personal spiritual preparation for the day is key in how our whole life will be shaped. "Our small everyday choices will develop into who we will be as life comes to an end”.  I know we have been commanded to do things out of His servant’s mouths this weekend and that if we heed their counsel we will never go astray.

I love and miss you all and am thankful for your support!

All is well


Elder Welch

0 Comentarios