Shocked by an Electric Fence

 This week was really long if I think back to last Monday but it doesn’t seem like it was taking forever to get to this Monday. It has been a good one though! On Tuesday we went out to a less actives home to do our district activity which was football and it was really fun but I was so tired and am still not use to all of the sweating that goes on here in the humid states! That night we went back out to this less actives home to have dinner and after dinner we were watching his daughter jump her horse. Elder Nelson and I were standing by the fence and my legs started to get tired so I wanted to lean onto the fence. Once I grabbed onto the fence I found something out....it was an electric fence! It didn’t really hurt, it just startled me but it definitely was a memory! 

  As many of you have seen this week there was a pirate day at Krispy Kreme where we got a dozen free donuts which was so awesome! I have definitely gotten more of a sweet tooth down here in the south and I have felt it....I have love handles that I never had before and the unfortunate thing is they are useless on a mission! Ha-ha jk! 157lb. I lost some today though so I’m more like 155; I’ll get it down to 150 and keep it there. I also think that I am growing a little bit! My pants are starting to fit me a little better in the length, I don’t have a tape measure to find out but I’m hopefully at that 6' mark! The Porters got a grandbaby this week as well! I got to hold it for a few minutes. TJ hasn’t really been in contact with us too much this week but he has been good since his baptism, he did say it has been harder for him since his baptism. Satan is just as active as Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, unfortunately. Cody has a baptism this weekend at 11:00 and I am super pumped for him, he is such a funny guy and I love him. We taught Ladarius for the first time this week and it was about the atonement, they have a pretty messed up life but are on the right path now. His baptism is still scheduled for the 12th so we will keep on him!

   This week I feel really strongly on what I am going to share with you. I have been having a really hard time this week mentally and spiritually and did not understand what I was doing wrong and why I felt that way. I actually felt that way until yesterday. Obedience is what I want to talk about. I read in my personal study in Helaman 13 about Samuel the Lamanite chastising the Nephites about how wicked they have become and that the Lord was going to destroy them if they don’t repent. We can see today that we are WAY worse than those Nephites. It says in that chapter that it is because of the righteous they are spared. Today we are the ones standing up for truth and are the ones saving the nation.  I definitely don’t want to be a disobedient missionary, there is a spirit of the law that sometimes comes into affect! We have all been on that line of obedience and not so obedient in our lives. I know for myself that there is a fine line between obedient and disobedient and if we find ourselves teetering on that line, get on the right side. Once we take one step to the other side we might as well have been one of the roman soldiers making fun of Christ. We know what the Lord has commanded. Alma 41:10 says wickedness never was happiness and it is true! We know what we signed up for when we were baptized and any other covenants we’ve made. I knew what I signed up to do and the rules I would have to follow as a missionary. I testify that obedience brings blessings! Obedience is for our learning and for our growth. The rules are for us. I love and Miss Yall! All is well



Elder Welch




0 Comentarios