Another Week in Mobile

   Weeks just keep going by and by faster and faster and just when I get to the moment of when I don't think they can go any faster..they do. Man I love my mission and will miss it when it is gone. We have seen a lot of great miracles come this week which I will be able to elaborate more on as I continue the letter. 

 On Tuesday we got to go to our district meeting in Mobile and hear Elder Miller talk about what we can do to have our baptismal dates progress toward that day. The cool thing about baptismal dates is that for the mobile district who had 4 BCD's two weeks ago, as we did the numbers this week and they came in we saw that just that district had 11 BCDs for this week, 4 of them being ours that I will talk about later. I had a tradeoff with Elder Mclaws, a new missionary in the mission in Mobile as well that day and the first thing that we did was go to a family history event that the stake was holding on for nonmembers. I was able to help this older lady who had never done work before. I helped her put her name in and her parents, the next thing that we know I've found a link to someone else who did her line already and it went back to 200AD. In a matter of 1.5 hours she went from nothing to 200AD. The spirit of Elijah is real!

 We got a return appointment with her. We had two other tradeoffs this week, one with Monroe and another with the east elders. One of my favorite things to do as a leader is to be able to be so much closer to the missionaries than I would as someone without an assignment. About the 4 baptismal dates Elder Hadden and I recieved...so you all know about the OYMing goal that has been set for the zone and this is actually a fruit from that, one of the first people we OYM'd actually. Alma Jones, Darius Jones, Victor Smith, and Dominique Smith (same family, different names). Elder Hadden had a lesson with them Friday while I was up in Monroe and extended to the 3 boys the date. Last night we went over to follow up on the commitments we left and saw the mom, Alma (great Mormon name, I know). She expressed to us some problems she was having and we offered her a blessing. Elder Hadden gave her a beautiful blessing and afterwards I testified of the authority and Elder Hadden extended a BCD to her and she accepted. We had a great week for the zone too! Just a few highlights of many! The zone hit about 30% of the OYMing goal for the transfer but this week in particular was great as far as those numbers go. We went from 9 BCDs last week to 14 this week (we really need to work on getting them to church these next few weeks and making sure they are progressing). We have just seen how Ether 12:6 has come to pass and Elder Ballards promise for OYMing people. IT WORKS! Family History. IT WORKS. I feel like everything I've been trained on thus far is just coming together perfectly and I am seeing the blessings from it. Awesome week! Love and miss y'all. All is well!


  Elder Welch

0 Comentarios