Tradeoff with a Blind Missionary

 This week has been one of those where my testimony has been strengthened immensely not by just the experiences that I have had but those that others have had around the zone. My favorite things about being a leader in the mission has been not only getting closer to the missionaries I serve but being able to see what miracles happen in their work, especially when it happens to be something I have been prompted to focus on in the district or zone and how the Lord has worked through me. A lot of times as missionaries we don't get to see the "fruit" from the seed that we planted but I feel like I get to see that a lot more in the position i am in and I am so thankful for it.

Why I am saying this is because of the street contacting goal Elder Hadden and I set for the zone last week. We honestly didn't know what was going to happen but knew it would make our work hasten immensely. We received text after text, call after call of these tender mercies that the Lord is putting into our hands in just the first week of striving to talk to everyone, I cant even imagine what will be given to us in 6 weeks time.

    We had a tradeoff this Tuesday with the Atmore elders and I was able to go up to their area with Elder Pearson, a missionary that has been out for about 2 months. We had so much fun and their area is the best for going around and just talking to people, a lot of the south, especially now that it is getting hot are never outside to talk to but that's not the case in their area. Another tradeoff with had was with the Semmes elders. I stayed in Mobile north with elder Lovell (blind missionary) and we had a great day, one miracle. Like I said we don't have many people out in our area to talk to and we had about 30 minutes until our dinner appointment and needed at least 8 more people to talk to to hit our goal. We went back to the car, said a prayer, and I picked a street on the GPS. Once we arrived we turned the corner and there were SO MANY people outside. We not only hit our goal but had a lot of great conversations. We hit our goal and got a new investigator.  Elder Hadden had one amazing lesson with a kind named Darius. He is a 18 year old kid who just had a kid so he was stressing out right at the time we met him. We went over on Thursday and not only was he there but his sister and 2 older brothers. As we taught the Plan of Salvation they loved it and when the girl, autumn prayed she asked if was true and said it would make her happy if it was, i have high expectations for those kids.

   All in all this was a great week for not only me but also the area/zone. i love my mission, i know all us missionaries needs to be inspired, i know that there are angels round about us, and i know that we have greater potential than i think we can even realize. I love y'all, hope all is well.

Elder Welch

0 Comentarios